Summer holidays have just begun, but before we know it the back to school rush will be upon us!
Perhaps you have never thought of talking to your local podiatrist about your kids’ school shoes – yet we are the experts in all things foot care!
We can also offer professional fitting for kids school shoes.
We can help answer your questions, such as:
- Why are good school shoes so important?
- Are leather school shoes better?
- Should we choose velcro fastening or lace up school shoes?
- What shoe will best suit a wide foot?
In addition to providing valuable advice, at Trevor Lane Podiatry we offer a good range of school shoes – for the littlest preppie, right through to the adult sizes needed by the end of high school – as well as a professional fitting service.
We recommend parents check their kids’ school shoes in early to mid January, as there can be a bit of a rush at the end of January and stocks can run low.
Why are good school shoes so important?
As a parent myself, I’m quite particular about the features I want in my kids school shoes! So you can be assured of quality, stability and support in the range we offer. Here are just some of the reasons why good school shoes are so important:
- Your child’s feet can grow up to 17 sizes in the first 11 or 12 years – expertly fitted school shoes allow for correct bone and muscle development, preventing potential problems down the track.
- Poorly fitting school shoes can actually cause damage, or increase the risk of injury such as a sprained ankle.
- A quarter of the bones in your child’s body are located in their foot – they deserve to be looked after!
- Your child will be wearing their school shoes for at least 30 hours a week.
- School shoes aren’t just for school! You want to be sure your child has a good quality, supportive shoe for playing and running around.
Professional Fitting for Kids School Shoes
It is worth visiting our Redlands podiatry clinic to check your kids’ school shoes before the new school year begins. Here are just a few reasons why:
- We are the foot doctors! Our podiatrists have trained for many years and are fully qualified in foot care. Unlike shop assistants, with only a brief training session under their belts – we are the experts.
- A podiatrist can pick up any potential problems or foot conditions in your child, and ensure that they are fitted with the best school shoes for their individual needs.
- Our professional shoe fitting service includes measuring the length, width, and arch length of your child’s foot, as well as using a gait scanner to check for any abnormal foot function.
- Feet aren’t always the same size! If your child has feet of a different length or width – we can adjust the shoe precisely to each foot.
In short, not only do you get great, professional service, you can be confident we stock only the best school shoes, with full money back guarantees.
School Shoes Brands
We stock Clarks, Ecco, and also school sports shoes, and can recommend the best for your child:
- Clarks: Clarks have a great reputation. Their shoes consist of a good quality rubber sole and leather upper, and are built to offer maximum stability to support your child’s knees and back. Clarks caters for children with wide feet, with school shoes made up to F, G and H widths.
- Ecco: This European brand offers very high quality in kids school shoes. They are a little more expensive, but I find they are particularly suitable for the senior years, eg students in years 11 and 12 that have finished growing. Older students find that they will get at least 2 years out of these shoes. Ecco school shoes are available predominantly in one width, but it’s a very generous sizing, around a B or C.
- School Sports Shoes: Our school sports shoes range includes Orthaheels in white and black, and Saucony, which also caters for medium and wide feet.
At our Redlands podiatry clinic, we offer foot care for the whole family – and would love to help with advice and professional fitting for kids school shoes.